Thanks to you for considering coming to the NEW Festival that is now delayed until 2021 – June 3 to 6
Dear Friends, Guests, Musicians and Volunteers,
We are all interconnected – entwined with compassion for all of us.
So, of course, we have to tell you that we are delaying this year’s Graves Mountain Music Festival to next year 2021, June 3 to 6, when we may be able safely to gather and celebrate creation, while also celebrating those we will have lost. Reaching this decision has been wrenching, is wrenching.
Whatever happens over the next two months, we now know that the Corona virus shadow will come to all communities and we are all responsible for each other. It is clear that we must stay at home and protect each other. That is the priority and that is our journey to light.
We are so aware that the Festival is yours.
The festival days are refuge for so many communities – our legacy guests who come year after year as their special time – those who have endured floods and windstorms yet have come back to be with each other.
- Our artists, now so hushed.
- Our dedicated volunteers who make it all happen – for twenty-seven years and will again, in 2021, for the twenty-eighth.
- Our production teams – old and new for 2020 – all passionate brilliant creators – just like the artists.
- All the folks for this year who are creating new experiences for all ages, workshops, treks, rides, learning, and the new stage at DuCard Vineyard.
All of these creators are not lost, not gone – just delayed to 2021.
These communities must endure. We will support each other but now support means sitting at home, ensuring that we will not be the harbinger of a shadow for another.
Let us know of your successes and travails so that we can all share each other’s joys and burdens. Please.
We will be staying in touch via e-mail, websites and posts.
Email us at email@example.com , message or post on our two Facebook accounts – the Farm & Lodges –( https://www.facebook.com/Graves-Mountain-Lodge-Inc-54876319981/ ), the Music Festival (https://www.facebook.com/gravesmountainmusic/)
Be safe, be caring, please.
The Graves Family – Rachel, Jimmy, Tricia, Missy, Lynn, Lucky, Connie, Gail, Margie, Margaret, Eric, Laurie, Mark Newton, and all the teams at the Lodge and Farm
The Future Delayed
Next Year’s Festival – 2021, Thursday June 3rd- Sunday the 6th
We will duplicate, in every way that we are able, the talent and experiences scheduled for this year- just one year later. We will find ways to add in more – more jamming and more local talent along with all the new community experiences.
More folks planned to come this year than for a decade.
If you have bought a pass, thank you deeply.
We will honor all Passes, Tickets, and Lodging Deposits made this year for next year – 2021
We will honor and treasure every pass and lodging reservation that our festival goers have made this year for the 2021 Festival. All will be there for you next year. All the sales have been used for advance payments to artists and production teams so, if you would like a refund, it will take us a little while to get it back to you. Sorry. We will send out emails to all of you and call to follow up. Thank you all.
The Bluegrass and Roots artists – all artists – are only able to perform from their homes. Many are doing live or YouTube shows and get-togethers. We will gather all the info and update all of you on opportunities to download their work and be with them on the internet. We are their new at-home audiences. They need us so much. We need them.
Our broadcast and instrument partners – WNRN in Charlottesville and Pickers Supply in Fredericksburg – will be letting us all know about their initiatives and we will keep all of you up to date.
Jamming and BBQ get-together
Vince May and Rick McWelch – both legacy Festers – have kindly volunteered to plan a jamming and BBQ weekend for the late summer or autumn – of course when will be determined by the Corona virus. We will be posting and sending tentative plans with requests for ideas and volunteers. Let’s all make it happen.
The Graves Family
2021 Starting at
– $10 less than last year – starting rates
– New YOUTH -17 years to 13 years – just $10 a day and FREEBIE for Thurs
– New -YOUNGSTERS – 12 years down to newborns – FREEBIES all – all the Time
– New – Super Saver FAMILY Legacy Package – 2 adults and up to 4 YOUTH – 17 to 13 year olds – all for just two adult passes
– New Stage, lighting, audio
– New Tenting
– New Workshop tent
– New Jammers’ Tent beginning at 6PM
– New Mountain Adventuring every day – trail runs, led biking runs, led hike, nature walks, horseback trail rides
– New Yoga on the lawn every day
– New Kids tent and Kids activities, scavenger hunts, dress-up, art, stream explore, workshop
– New Partial Audience Tenting
– New High-speed Internet at Festival site and much of Camping area
– WiFi Cell Calling – Internet to Cell & Cell to Internet
– Camping – on 55 acres, primitive but here in the mountains – porta-potties, mobile showers, no hook-up, but we do have a dump station
– Accommodations On Site – our 55 Lodge rooms, and 17 cabins are almost sold out
– Accommodations 30 mins drive – over 300 hotel rooms for you in Culpeper, Orange, and Ruckersville
– New Volunteer Roster for Free Passes – 4 hours of work a day. please
– Note please -there is a $4 charge for order processing hat will be added at Checkout
3 and 2 Day Festival Passes
Single Day Passes
|ADULT ONE DAY May 29, 2020-Friday||$50|
|ADULT ONE DAY May 30, 2020-Saturday||$50|
And Now for the FAMILY SAVERS 3 & 2 Days for 2020
Family Day Passes
|FAMILY ONE DAY DAUGHTERS & SONS or GRAN KIDS x 4 Limit of 4 per pass - May 29, Fri||$0|
|FAMILY ONE DAY DAUGHTERS & SONS or GRAN KIDS x 4 Limit of 4 per pass - May 30, Sat||$0|
Camping, primitive – no reservations, first come, first choose.
– one area is set away from RVs with Generators
– Please note that we have no hook-ups, paid showers, porta-toilets.
– Dump Station on site in the Campground–$40.00/use.